The 2nd European FUSIONS Platform meeting took place on October 30 and 31 in Brussels.
Over 130 people from various stakeholder groups in the Food Supply Chain gathered at Hotel Bloom to discuss on the outcomes and findings of the FUSIONS project. The two days were filled with many opportunities for inspiration, discussion, networking and interaction on food waste prevention. Three key topics were at the heart of this 2nd EPM:
- Measuring for impact
- Innovation for food waste prevention
- Policy measures for social innovation
On the first day of the Platform, participants were inspired by keynotes from FUSIONS' Coordinator Toine Timmermans (Wageningen UR, NL) on the projects progress in the past year, DG Sanco's Chantal Bruetschy and WRI's Kai Robertson, who informed on the latest developments in food waste policy and global food loss and waste measurements and WRAP's Sophie Easteal on the role of social innovation in preventing food waste. The next day, Karin Östergren from SIK presented a keynote on reliable data for quantifying food waste in EU-28 and Matteo Vittuari from the University of Bologna's focused on European policy measures for food waste prevention through social innovation.
Throughout the 2 days, participants were consulted on key issues which are at the core of FUSIONS deliverables and had the opportunity to listen to inspiration pitches including
- Michael Minch Dixon from Snact, UK
- Joris Depouillon, Food Surplus Entrepreneurs Network
- Odile Le Boloch from the Irish Environmental Protection Agency
- Alfred Vara Blanco from ARC Waste Agency of Catalonia, Spain
- Ann Marie Manhart from Envicient, Austria
- Clementine O'Connor from BIO for Deloitte and associate to the UN Environmental Programme and others
Please find attached the final agenda.
Please also find the presentations below.